INSIDER THREAT PROGRAM (ITP) EVALUATION
A Comprehensive Insider Threat Program Evaluation Tool Focused On Addressing the Risk of Insiders Affecting the Value of Assets by Developing Prioritizing Recommendations
Macro Level Overview of ITP Evaluation Tool
- Quantifies the value of an Effective Insider Threat Program.
- Provides Justification for Creating or Improving One.
- Provides a Means to Evaluate an Existing Program Against Standards, Best Practices & Guidance.
- Improves the Organization’s Overall Security Culture
- Increases Reporting of Behavior of Concern or Persons at Risk by Colleagues Because of the Benefits from Referrals to the EAP or Management for Help.
- Improves Effectiveness of an Organization’s Existing Insider Threat Program by Guiding the Collection, Integration and Analysis of Vital Personnel and Behavioral Information.
- Improves Prevention, Deterrence and Mitigation of Non-Malicious Potentially Harmful Insider Behavior & Events by Earlier Intervention Due to Better Data and Analysis
- Enables Earlier Detection of Malicious Potential or Actual Beaches, Fraud, Theft, Sabotage or Espionage with Improved Behavior Monitoring and Assessment and Access Control.
- Provides Targeted Training, Awareness & Education to Organization & Vendor Staff.
- Reduce the Risk & Liability of Preventable Loss of Asset Value by Insider Action.
- Increases the ROI on Security Investment.
Better Prevention, Deterrence, Detection, Mitigation, Response & Recovery Due to:
- Better Policies;
- Better Staff Understanding of What Is Most Valuable & Important to Protect;
- Better Agreement on Regulations that Must Be Enforced & Those with Flexibility;
- Clear Agreement on What Behavior Can Not Be Allowed & Must Be Addressed;
- More Effective Incident Mitigation Response Plans, Especially Regarding Personnel;
- Improved & Coordinated Training in Security Awareness & Cyber Security Skills;
- Improved Monitoring & Intervention of Non-Malicious Insiders Under Stress or at Risk including Better Understanding of Pandemic’s Impact on Staff;
- Improved Work Force Morale and Retention Through an Employee Assistance Plan;
- Earlier Identification of Toxic or Hostile Employees to Improve the Working Environment By Appropriate Management Intervention, Counseling or Termination.
COST SAVINGS TO INDUSTRY
- Reduced Cost of Cyber Insurance.
- Reduced Cost of Loss Insurance.
- Reduced Expenses Due to Improved & Better Integrated Insider Threat Auditing Technology (e.g. Removal, Replacement, Reconfiguration & or Redeployment).
- Reduced Audit Committee Expenses Due to Improved Insider Threat Monitoring.
- Reduced Expenses Due to More Effective Holistic Breach Mitigation Processes with Heavy Emphasis on HR Assets.
- Reduced Expenses Due to Fewer Breaches from Insider Mistakes Due to Better Training, Awareness, Education & More User Friendly Processes Reducing Security Work-Arounds.
- Reduction in Loss from Insider Sabotage
- Improved Win Rate on US Government Defense & IC Contracts from a Compliant Insider Threat Program
Sentinel ITP LLC is our company working to commercialize this ITP evaluation tool